Please enter a search term to begin your search.
Pricing valid in US only
INST-23C BLU-FUZE Standard Mortar ICD
Product No: INST-23C
For more information contact:Brian Tacke 540-374-1000 x118
BLU-FUZE Standard Mortar
The BLU-Fuze Series In-Flight Telemetry Systems provide an extensive selection of shock hardened sensors to measure in-bore and in-flight performance of mortars and projectiles. All BLU-Fuze configurations include an integrated S-Band telemetry transmitter and antenna which relays the measured data to a ground station. The typical range of the telemetry exceeds 20,000 meters. The BLU-Fuze is conveniently packaged in the NATO standard fuze envelope for either artillery or mortar rounds so that it can add flight instrumentation and telemetry to a wide variety of munitions without any modifications to the munitions themselves. The BLU-Fuze is simple to use. The BLU-Fuze is activated when the battery pack is attached to the fuze body. The BLU-Fuze is then screwed into the fuze well of the mortar to be tested. Once activated, the BLU-Fuze will run for more than 45 minutes, providing ample time to verify the telemetry link, acquire GPS, load, and launch the projectile. Data is stored and transmitted after the round clears the bore beginning 100 msec before detection of the launch event.
Unlike many competing flight instrumentation systems, software and technical support for decoding and analyzing the data is included in the purchase price.
- Package: Compatible with the NATO standard mortar fuze
- 40Fº to 90Fº At time of launch*
- Carrier Frequency: S-Band, 2.205GHz to 2.295GHz, user specified at the time of order in 500kHz increments
- Carrier Frequency Accuracy: ±50 ppm all causes
- RF Power Output: 0.33 watts, typical Data Rate: 2Mbit/sec Data Encoding Format: Standard format is Biφ-L, R-NRL on request
- Range: 0 to 20,000Gs
- Resolution: 14 bits
- Update Rate: 64ks/sec for 100msec after detection of acceleration, continually interleaved with the data stream during the flight.
- Range: 0 to ±50Gs
- Resolution: ≤0.1G
- Update Rate: 4ks/sec
- Spin Rate Accuracy: ≤ 0.01Hz* (flight path not within ±10 degrees of magnetic North or South)*
- Attitude Precision: ≥1 degree magnetic, typical
- Update Rate: 4ks/sec
- Position Accuracy: 10 meters, 2D RMS *
- Altitude Accuracy: < ± 35m Vertical in term of 95% *
- Velocity Accuracy: ± 0.1 meters/second *
- Time to first fix after launch: <2 to 30 sec**
- Time: 1 usec synchronized to GPS time GPS
- Update Rate: 5 Hz.
- Telemeter Data Rate: 5Hz.
- S-Band Telemetry Transmitter and Antenna
- High-G three axis accelerometer for in-bore shocks and accelerations
- Low-G three axis accelerometer for in-flight accelerations
- Three axis magnetometer for measuring spin rate and attitude
- GPS Receiver & Antenna for measuring projectile position, velocity, and altitude determination
- One Battery Pack
- Decoding Software